IZArc is a utility that will decompress tons formats like ZIP and RAR, so whenever you receive a compressed file, you'll be able to handle it,
Compressed archives are a handy way to share data online: they can contain multiple files and folders, and usually take less space. There are many compression formats and algorithms, but with IZArc you can easily handle them all.
This powerful compressing utility supports dozens of formats, including ACE, 7-ZIP, ISO, LZH, RAR, TAR and of course, ZIP. The program can be seamlessly integrated with Windows Explorer, which means you can use it without having to open its interface.
Working with IZArc is really easy. You have access to the main functions in Windows Explorer context menu, and can also drag and drop files and folders on its interface. IZArc includes interesting features such as support for encryption, multi-volume sets, scanning for viruses, and the possibility to create an EXE file that will extract the compressed data by just double clicking on it.
The latest version of IZArc, 4.0 Beta 1, is not that different from the previous ones, at least in appearance. The program seems to have improved the way it works with multi-folder compressed files, meaning you won't lose any subfolder or file when expanding them.
IZArc is a powerful free compression utility with support for many formats and a bunch of interesting extra tools.
- Fixed extracting folders from an archive using Drag and Drop
- Fixed: When create archives IZArc uses DOS path separator ("\") instead of Unix one ("/")
- Fixed handling files with "[" character in the name
- Fixed opening of 7-Zip archives with encrypted file names
- Fixed resetting of list columns
- Fixed sorting of file list by "File Type"
- Fixed Tab Order on all dialogs
- Fixed: After deleted some files in Explorer Display Style the root of the archive is selected instead of keeping the current directory
- Fixed: When adding some files to an archive in Explorer Display Style they are always added under the root of the archive instead of adding them under the current directory
- Added support for multi-volume 7-Zip archives (open and extract)
- Added support for 7-Zip LZMA2 compression method
- Added an option to set all supported file types during unattended (silent) installation using /ArcTypes=ALL switch